Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tater Tots

One day, I really wanted tater tots but did not want to go to the store to get them. Having tons of red potatoes from my great grandpas garden I decided to make my own.

8 medium potatoes peeled
4 tbsp all purpose flour
Vegetable Oil for frying
Seasoning salt for after they are cooked

1. Shred the potatoes. I did half of them a fine shred and the other half the larger shred (I like the different textures). Then drain them. I used a couple of paper towels and squeezed the water out.
2. Put potatoes in a medium sized bowl.Stir in flour.
3. Heat 1/4" oil in heavy pan to about 350 deg F.
4. Form into tots, and carefully put into oil. Fry until golden brown, turning once (I think mine took about 5 minutes total, we like them crunchy).
5. Place on paper towels to drain and sprinkle with seasoning salt.

Delish! And pretty easy to make. Something kids would enjoy helping with.

No comments: