Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chicken Stir fry

So, I made chicken stir fry last night. Delicious! Here's what I do.

1 chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp ginger
red pepper flakes (if desired, i usually just sprinkle a couple in)
stir fry vegetables
1 package top ramen noodles cooked (without the seasoning, I used to buy the actual chow mein noodles, but they are like $3 for a small package. So one day when I didn't have any on hand I used top ramen noodles and they worked great, plus I like the price of them much better)

Mix together soy sauce, honey, ginger and red pepper flakes. Take half of the sauce and pour it into a bowl with the chicken breast. Let it marinate for 30 minutes or longer. Reserve the other half of the sauce.
In a hot pan, put 1 tsp oil. Cook the chicken until its done. Add in your stirfry vegetables (I use the frozen bag from costco and just throw in how ever much I think we'll eat, usually adding in some extra broccoli). Cover and let those cook until hot. Add in the cooked and drained top ramen noodles as well as the reserved sauce. Let the noodles and sauce heat up and its ready to serve. We eat it over white rice. Tasty!

No comments: